Clayton Sets Our Sustainability Standards
Because we are owned by Clayton and Berkshire Hathaway, we are driven by the same sustainability standards that ground the entire company. Park models are naturally more sustainable, due to their even smaller footprint than most manufactured homes. In addition, some of the Clayton standards that set the tone for us are:
- All Clayton building facilities are ISO® 14001 certified. This is an internationally agreed upon set of standards that drive a more efficient use of resources and waste reduction. (Learn more about ISO® 14001 and Clayton.)
- In partnership with The Arbor Day Foundation®, Clayton has committed to planting 4.47 million trees by 2025. In 2021, Clayton planted two trees for every tree used in the manufacturing process.
- Clayton diverted over 46,000 tons of waste from landfills through recycling efforts in Clayton home building and supply facilities in 2022.
Other Ways Park Models Positively Impact the Environment
- Fuel efficiency. When vacationers can rent an on-site park model, that means less fuel is burned to tow a camper or RV to a destination.
- Heat efficiency. Park models are typically more well-insulated than traditional RV models, meaning heat retention can be higher in colder months.
- Energy efficiency. In comparison to traditional homes, park models use less electricity to power temperature control, lighting, and appliances
- Materials efficiency. Because no park model is larger than 400 square feet, fewer materials are needed to construct a park model. Less wood, less paint, less of everything.
How Park Models Positively Impact Personal Environments
Often when we’re seeking an outdoor or camping adventure, it’s in an effort to reconnect with ourselves, or our families, and to reconnect with nature too. Exposure to nature has proven time and time again to have positive effects on our brains and bodies, even in as little as twenty minutes. Because park models have a smaller footprint, people staying in them naturally spend more time outside, which is good for the self and everyone joining in on the adventure.
Another way the smaller space inside a park model is beneficial is by not encouraging clutter or accumulation of more stuff, other than true necessities. For those renting longer-term, less overall space means culling down your bring-along list to only the essentials. A recent New York Times article1 notes that clutter can have a negative impact on our mental well-being, especially for women, as seeing clutter can actually induce a stress-hormone response. Less space, less clutter, more ahhhh.
Why Invest in Park Models?
Besides positive impacts on people and the environment, there’s a lot more to love about Clayton Park Models. If you’re curious about investing, learn more.